Contribution Guide for Siv3D¶
Thank you for considering contributing to Siv3D!
We appreciate your efforts and contributions to improve the project.
This guide provides information on how to make your contributions as smooth as possible.
We have two main branches:
Please fork from the appropriate branch and make your changes there. Submit your pull requests to the
v6_develop branch unless advised otherwise.
Making a Pull Request¶
- Fork the repository to your GitHub account.
- Clone the forked repository to your local machine.
- Create a new branch for your feature or fix.
- Make your changes, adhering to our coding standards and guidelines.
- Commit your changes, following our commit guidelines.
- Push your changes to your fork.
- Open a pull request, providing enough information to help reviewers understand your changes.
- It's okay to have multiple commits in a single pull request.
- Please make your commit messages clear and concise.
- If possible, reference relevant issue numbers in your commit messages.
Discussion and Communication¶
- For major changes or new features, please consult with the maintainers through the Siv3D Discord server or GitHub Issues before starting work.
- Feel free to ask for help or clarification at any stage of your contribution process.
Building the Library¶
For details on how to build the Siv3D library on your own, please refer to our Build Instructions.
Pull Request Examples¶
For minor changes or fixes that do not affect functionality, you can create a pull request directly without creating an issue.
OpenSiv3D Implementation Meeting¶
If you are unfamiliar with GitHub operations, we will support you on the Siv3D Discord server or at the OpenSiv3D Implementation Meeting.